Sunday, November 4, 2007

All Treats...No Tricks

Once again, Leif has experienced another first for holidays. This time it was the all hallowed Halloween. The best part of the trick-or-treating experience was Amanda and I were able to score a little chocolate! Leif dressed up as a little honu (Hawaiian green sea turtle) and needless to say it was a big hit.







Load me up with the good stuff!



We also carved our first pumpkin which he loved to look at once it was all lit up. All in all, Halloween was a lot of fun. It is so amazing to watch how he changes and though he is still shy of his first birthday it seems like he is growing up so much.






Aren't we cute!!!

Since the University of Hawaii Warriors football team is doing so well we thought we would attend a game this season. Currently we are trying to get tickets to the last game of the season against the University of Washington. As such, Leif picked up his first Warrior shirt to show his team spirit! Perhaps one day he, too, will be a rainbow warrior like his dad.






Leif learning the three point stance...but he can't count yet.

As you can see in the video he is greatly improving with his locomotion. Amanda and I both feel that there is a good chance that he will be walking by Thanksgiving. He has been walking bare foot this whole time so today we finally got him his first pair of shoes (he already grew out of his slippers--flip-flops for you off-islanders).

A big aloha to you all and hope you are enjoying a sunny and warm fall like us!!

a hui ho

Cory, Amanda, and Leif

7 comments:

Kennedy musings said...

Awww! What a cute little turtle!!!! Very inventive costume guys-I never would have thought to use a bike helmet as a shell. Man! You guys are clever... I may have to steal that idea if we ever have a second child! Love the pic's :-) Courtney

mommalori said...

Leif Is such a Q-T!! Of course he was a hit...He's my grandson!! I'm glad you are continueing the Packard tradition of Halloween - costumes, chocolate and all!! Love ya lots and always, Mom

mommalori said...

Dear Amanda and Cory and Leif, The pictures were cute. The show of leif walking was cute. I wish that I could see you again. and that I love you and I miss you. I hope it's a great time in Hawaii. and I hope that by Christmas he might be walking. and I want to like this card that we are sending to you, It will be a really good thing if we could see more of the pictures of him walking again. Love Dorothy, Alexander, Nana and PopPop and all of us. (written by Dorothy, typed by Nana

Unknown said...

Amanda - This is Heidi (Hough) Justice - Jessica forwarded your blog to me...you look fabulous and you have a darling little family. I hope all is well for you - I can't remember the last time I saw you??? I started a blog for my grandparents a few weeks ago, so not a lot on it, but here's the link... http://justicefamilycali.blogspot.com/
Would love to hear from you!
Heidi

mary said...

Oh my gosh...I love the turtle...I have a sea turtle on my car. If I had a camera I would send you a pix. I am missing so much...but am thankful for you two keeping me up on all events. Love Mom...P.S. GO WARRIORS!!!

Marshall and Alison said...

Amanda-
I don't know which email address to use to email you, so I hope you check these comments :) Your doctor said it was fine to keep swaddling Leif? Chance loves it and I would love to keep swaddling him. The doctor was afraid it would limit his physical development, but Leif looks like he is doing great, walking early even! I love the turtle by the way. Did you make it or is that something you can only find in Hawaii? He looked so great. Let me know where to email you. I have a funny story about one of our SUU roomies. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey you have got such a cute family Amanda. This Amy Porter LaNita's Amy. It sure seems like you guys are having fun. You baby boy is so cute. Love Ya Amy